Fireplaces for burning with solid or liquid fuel must have a fireplace plan. This means that the floor in front of the fireplace must be large enough and of such a material that the floor cannot catch fire.
When installing or changing a fireplace/wood burning stove and/or flue, a notification to the municipality is always required. This applies to all types of buildings.
Check with your municipality. In most cases, the following documents may be required!
- Application for building notification
- Ev. floor plan - presentation of the location of the fireplace in the building.
- Ev. facade drawing - presentation of the design of the chimney.
- Ev. sectional drawing - shows the draft of the flue.
- Information on the type of stove/fireplace and flue to be installed.
- Control plan for planned fireplace.